The Commerce Funds recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our customers1. We provide this notice to you so that you will know what kinds of information we collect about our customers and the circumstances in which that information may be disclosed to third parties who are not affiliated with The Commerce Funds.
COLLECTION OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We collect nonpublic personal information about our customers from the following sources:
- Account Applications and other forms, which may include a customer's name, address, social security number, and information about a customer's investment goals and risk tolerance;
- Account History, including information about the transactions and balances in a customer's accounts; and
- Correspondence, written, telephonic or electronic between a customer and The Commerce Funds or service providers to The Commerce Funds.
DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We may disclose all of the information described above to certain third parties that are not affiliated with The Commerce Funds under one or more of the following circumstances:
We do not sell personal information about customers to third parties for their independent use.
- As Authorized- if you request or authorize the disclosure of the information.
- As Permitted by Law-for example, sharing information with service providers who maintain or service customer accounts for The Commerce Funds or to a shareholder's broker/dealer is permitted and is essential for us to provide shareholders with necessary or useful services with respect to their accounts.
- Under Joint Agreements- we may also share information with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
SECURITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We require service providers to The Commerce Funds:
- To maintain policies and procedures designed to assure only appropriate access to information about customers of The Commerce Funds;
- To limit the use of information about customers of The Commerce Funds to the purpose for which the information was disclosed, or as otherwise permitted by law; and
- To maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information of customers of The Commerce Funds.
We will adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice regardless of whether you are a current or former shareholder of The Commerce Funds.